Reports to: President
The Marketing Project Manager (MPM) serves as the primary contact point for all project work that flows through the agency; serving as the liaison between Account Service, all other agency departments and the Client.
The MPM will lead and manage the execution of projects, as well as campaign initiatives, upon client approval, and will manage the project / initiatives through completion and delivery.
This person is responsible for assembling and coordinating the BTA team as projects / initiatives necessitate; monitoring scope-of-work, budget, and timelines; managing internal agency resources for deliverables, as well as coordinating and routing deliverables through all departments to keep projects on target, on schedule, and on budget; communicating with clients on proofs and changes in scope-of-work and/or delivery; communicating client changes and requests to Account Service; researching, contacting and coordinating vendors (including negotiation, bids, purchasing, scheduling, production and delivery); communicating changes to budget / deliverables to BTA’s billing department; and delivering all projects assigned.
This role is the consistent pulse within the agency. The MPM must be strategic, organized, detailed, and a great communicator; remain calm under pressure; have the ability to identify and solve problems as issues arise, and possess excellent decision-making skills. The MPM owns the project from start to finish, keeping the entire team headed in the right direction to ensure that we deliver work that is on budget and completed on time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend client meetings with Account Executive as necessary.
- Establish the BTA production team and / or vendors and proactively guide projects through completion.
- Set due dates for various stages of job completion after consulting with Account Service, Creative and Digital for timing requirements of various jobs.
- Make sure each staff member knows the assignments that they need to complete and the due dates, while enforcing responsibilities and deadlines.
- Review daily workloads with creative department and adjust assignments as needed making sure that the appropriate talent is used and workloads are evenly maintained.
- Update all departments and Account Executive regarding any changes to the project schedule and current deadline status.
- Lead cross-functional weekly scrum meetings to enhance communication and collaboration.
- Communicate with client at each phase of proofing, approval and delivery. The Marketing Project Manager will “own” the project in the eyes of the client upon their approval to proceed with production.
- Expedite “rush” jobs in such a way that process does not obstruct the orderly flow of every day work.
- Help establish, manage, enforce and evaluate a streamlined workflow of agency project-related processes.
- Responsible for the utilization of the creative team, ensuring that chargeable work is effectively managed, and that downtime is used properly.
- Identify best practices and develop new systems/processes/tools.
As with all members of the BTA team, the Marketing Project Manager must follow the policies described in the BTA employee handbook, attend all internal meetings, and conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times while working to instill a positive work environment.
- The MPM will have high energy and a passion for the work while being fully capable of utilizing information systems to schedule and organize large creative work groups.
- High competency level of computer and software skills compatible with job responsibilities
- Demonstrated initiative, is proactive and possesses the ability to create detailed project schedules, plans and/or programs.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects.
- Understanding of the step-by-step details it takes to get work produced within BTA from start to finish. Knowledge of print production is preferred.
- Ability to motivate and guide the team as needed to encourage problem-solving, team cooperation, and the necessity for high-quality work.
- Demonstration of excellent communication skills with clients and internal teams, both written and verbal.
- Display of strong organization skills, negotiating capabilities, time management ability and exceptional attention to details.
- Intense desire to excel in an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Advertising/Marketing or relevant field
- 2+ years of experience working at a creative, advertising, consulting and/or marketing agency strongly preferred with knowledge of print production
- PMP Certification is preferred
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft business applications
- Experience organizing time-sensitive events
- General awareness or exposure to branding/marketing/advertising
This is a full-time, salaried position
Health care benefits, including dental and vision
10 paid holidays
13 annual leave days that increase with years of service
Company 401K retirement savings plan with 3% employer contribution
BTA is a passionate group of strategic thinkers, creative minds and technical wizards…all under one roof. We seek out clients that value our passion for results, meticulous attention to detail, fiscal discipline, depth of experience, and culture. We believe the strongest marketing and public relations results come from collaborative thinking and a spirit of working together to create breakthrough results. And to do this, we hire the best.
Founded in 1986, Morgantown-based BTA currently serves approximately eight clients in a variety of B2B and consumer industries that include health care, manufacturing and tourism. Our clients range in size from $4 million to $800 million in annual revenue with annual marketing budgets between $250,000 and $1 million. Our staff of 10 delivers in-house design and integrated marketing, audio/video production, website development, traditional and social media management, and public relations.